Message Boards

Topic: Joining the community  (Read 5750 times)

Offline tourettes

• View Profile
Joining the community
« on: July 08, 2008, 23:00:42 »
Some of you may know me from zdaemon, I have recently left their community because the people who run it piss me off. There is no sugar coded way of saying it, you either think and do things on way over there or you get silenced.

I try asking a question, I get flogged and locked. I try making discussion to counter my last lock, boom locked again. So after that I get fed up and just make good-bye thread like others do, it gets deleted and my account locked oh my! Well I had another account from way back so I log on that and make another good bye thread, gets deleted and the account locked.

If you ever go to zdaemon don't expect [AF]Domains or Kilgore to be any help.

Ant P.

• Nobody
Re: Joining the community
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:59 »
Haha, looks like nothing's changed there then. I'm one of the rare people they _haven't_ banned, and only because I left without giving them the courtesy of knowing why.

Offline Hekksy

• Doomin' since '96
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 16:20:24 »

Welcome to Odamex. You may notice the community only has a few servers and the average player base is 0, but that doesn't mean nobody plays. If you ever want a game, hop into #odamex on irc.oftc.net and ask for one (yes its that simple). And unlike #zdplayers and #skulltag, #odamex isn't a cesspool for retards to spam random crap and cyber. :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:19:10 by HeX9109 »
Join the Odamex Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/odamex
Check out the Odamex Discord as well: https://discord.gg/vHUu236

Offline tourettes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 21:00:11 »

Welcome to Odamex. You may notice the community only has a few servers and the average player base is 0, but that doesn't mean nobody plays. If you ever want a game, hop into #odamex on irc.oftc.net and ask for one (yes its that simple). And unlike #zdplayers and #skulltag, #odamex isn't a cesspool for retards to spam random crap and cyber. :D

Good to hear, I have a maybe 4 unfinished projects that I was planning on releasing to zdaemon, but I think I'll spit them out here. This place could use some fresh wads, yes? no?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:19:30 by HeX9109 »

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 23:00:24 »
Sure it can! We're always into sharing works here. You'll find that, at the moment, this place is probably a little bit slower than what you're used to but it can only grow with help from people like you.

I'm really interested to see what you churn out and welcome to the boards tourettes. If you get a chance and want a game, swing by IRC anytime or even sit in a server. It usually doesn't take long for somebody to see you in one.

skaman86

• Nobody
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 14:30:56 »
Hello all im new here. I wondering, I have Odamex 0.5.0 xbox port, I've been reading here and there that there was an update 0.5.1.... and it reads:
===========================================================

Odamex Xbox Changes:

- Chat macro support
- Fixed a bug that makes retrieving/refreshing the server list many times faster on affected Xbox's.
- Fixed DEH/BEX patch loading (mods like Batman Doom and GoldenEye load correctly)
- The player color sliders are now usable
- The launcher loads Odamex properly when it uses a long path name
- odamex.xbe can be launched directly from an XBMC shortcut with command-line parameters using the <game> tag
- Various other bug fixes
===========================================================

where can DL this?

(I instantly DELETED! Skulltag and Zdoom when I found this)

Offline HyperEye

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 16:38:03 »
Due to Microsoft licensing issues we are only able to release the source code for the Xbox port. It is included in the standard source release. If you are looking for a released build there is no sanctioned release by odamex.net. A google search can go a long way when researching these sorts of things.