Include Doomseeker with Odamex Package
Using the Qt Toolkit, Doomseeker can run on wide variety of platforms including Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows. In addition the browser is open source and licensed under the GNU Public License v2.
The benefits to including Doomseeker with Odamex at this time include:
* Easy demo recording and playback support
* A single-player launcher
* Automatically searches for wads on the web and installs them
* Runs on the big 3 PC gaming platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux
* Filters and buddy lists
* Automatic updates for Doomseeker
* IP2C support for server details
The cons include:
* Written in QT, meaning a large package to include in Odamex
* Does not work on Xbox/ future consoles
* Not maintained by Odamex team directly for Odamex
Because Doomseeker does not compile on consoles, ag-odalaunch would continue to be used. By using Doomseeker instead of the current OdaLaunch, we free up time from re-writing code that already exists in an immediately usable format and solve slow wad downloading for the vast majority of players.
In all seriousness, I'm ENTIRELY UP for this addition !
This would definitely speed up time and make us more concentrated for the port itself rather than the launcher.