I couldn't find a place to view current bugs filed so I hope this bug hasn't already been filed.
This problem is in regard to 0.5.1. It was not present in 0.5.0 (same machine) or rather, I never experienced it in the previous version.
Basically what happens is anywhere from a few minutes to an hour after I have started online (co-op) play, the emu will freeze, at which point I have to reset the xbox, restart the emu, and the level, from the beginning (due to the fact that I play online, level progress cannot be saved). I have discontinued play because of this issue.
If you wouldn't mind providing a little more information...
1) How consistent is the issue? Does it always crash within an hour or are you able to play long sessions without a freeze sometimes?
2) What servers have you experienced this with?
3) Do you experience the freezes while playing through the same maps in single-player?
4) Does it generally happen on very large maps or does it happen on all sized maps? Are there particular maps that seem to be more likely to trigger it?
5) If you are running the game at 720p have you tried it at 480p (720x480 or 640x480)? Does the resolution make a difference with this crash?
Because this bug can potentially take a good bit of time to duplicate according to your description it will help a lot in debugging it if I can narrow down the conditions under which it occurs. Thanks.
Let me see if I can get/give some more info.
My resolution is set at 640x480. No 720p for my TV. Tried 800x600. Freezes still.
I can't see all of the server name that I was using last because of an overscan issue but what I can see is "uid DooM][0.5.1 STABLE][COOP#". The IP of the server is 126.96.36.199:10623.
As far as maps, I started SCYTHE2 at map 2 or 3 and got fed up with the freezing at map 8 and quit. Same wad doesn't freeze the emu in single player.
Yes, it usually locks within an hour. I think maybe once, I was able to play longer than an hour without starting over.
Today I played SCYTHE2 from first map to map 7 in single player. Didn't freeze, so then I saved progress, and switched to coop. Froze after about 10 minutes. About 5 minutes after another player (internet) joined me.
Anything on this? Please try the latest version (0.5.4).
(In reply to comment #3)
> Anything on this? Please try the latest version (0.5.4).
This report is non-specific and it has been a while, and a number of releases, since the freezing was last confirmed. If the issue is reproduced please feel free to comment and we will reopen the case. Thanks.