Revision as of 12:21, 29 May 2008 by Voxel
This is how to build the Debian/Ubuntu package
- Install all of the debian packaging utilities and the build environment utilities. Also make sure you have libsdl-dev,libsdl-mixer1.2-dev and wxgtk installed- sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev file gcc g++ libc6-dev
- make patch perl autoconf automake dh-make debhelper devscripts gnupg
- Download the skeleton debian packaging at http://nuxified.org/odamex/odamex-0.<version>/skel.tar.gz
- Create a folder titled 'odamex-<version>'. Example: mkdir odamex-0.3
- Grab a source tarball from http://odamex.net/ and place it in the same place as the directory 'odamex-<version>'
- cd into the directory 'odamex-<version>'
- run dh_make -e your.email@address -f ../<name of the tarball you downloaded>
- remove the newly created debian/ and extract the skeleton into the directory
- if the source code is not already in the directory with debian/, extract the tarball you downloaded inside the directory.
- run 'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' in the same directory with debian/
- you should have a .deb package up one directory if everything checked out right
- to rebuild without recompiling, run 'fakeroot debian/rules binary'