Message Boards

Topic: OdaHook  (Read 17055 times)

Offline Zorro

• Professional n00b
    • View Profile
Re: OdaHook
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 16:35:54 »
I honestly don't see why cheating has to be a witch hunt.  In real life there are times to be extremely serious and times where you are allowed to play around.  I see cheating in an online game as just playing around (When I'm cheating, it will be obvious :P).  Its just an interesting application of an inevitable fact of computer science and cryptography.  Cheating shouldn't be taken as seriously as it is.

Of course, cheating in competition is another story, and this is the main reason for writing algorithms that try to detect whether the end user is actually using cheats, or to make implementing those cheats impossible.  As long as there is free will, there is room for algorithm-enhanced free will.
^^ this post has wasted part of your life ^_^

Offline Revenant

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 20:42:32 »
Of course, cheating in competition is another story

Exactly, Doom is a competitive game. The majority of people who take it seriously see cheating as something other than messing around.

Offline Russell

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 16:38:11 »
On a slightly different note, maybe we should ask Luigi Auriemma to peruse the source for anything that we might not have picked up.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 22:41:09 »
On a slightly different note, maybe we should ask Luigi Auriemma to peruse the source for anything that we might not have picked up.
I second this.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Marcus Koller

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 20:32:12 »
Hey how many hooks are there and for what engines, versions?