Message Boards

Topic: Odamex Ladder?  (Read 7605 times)

Offline Doomguy666

• View Profile
Odamex Ladder?
« on: March 11, 2007, 00:20:28 »
Greetings! I do not know if this is too early to ask such a question since Odamex is still in development, but is there a plan for the future Odamex ladder? Like how will it be set up and things like that? Personally I think a ladder is an awesome idea and I was just curious as to where the Odamex Team was wanting to take it.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
Re: Odamex Ladder?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 03:09:46 »
Yeah tournaments will start happening when the engine is ready for it.  When that actually is is hard to say, but every day it gets closer.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Zorro

• Professional n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 10:03:15 »
If you notice over on the left there is a menu item for "ladders" and "recent winners"
^^ this post has wasted part of your life ^_^

Offline Doomguy666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 18:46:34 »
Yes, I see the "Tourneys" section over there on the left. It is what caused me to ask my original question :P
Anyways, what I was curious about was how the actual system was going to work. How will points be calculated in? Has any of this been decided or is it still in the works?

Offline Slayer

• Time to start piling up the bodies!
    • View Profile
    • DUI
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:13:47 »
I assume it'll either be like zd tourney's, specifyed admins to hunt people down who don't finish their games on time. Or perhaps tourney's will be run IDL style which I find to be a very good idea. Tourney's organized by admins and clans being run on a seasonal basis like many sports just to put special emphasis on times when they are held.

Offline Goatface

• Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:16 »
Maybe we should wait for a ladder until we can all join deathmatch servers without having to reconnect several times.
Apply twice daily.

Offline deathz0r

• Administrator
  • kick it oldskewl
    • View Profile
    • deathz0r's Place of DOOM
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 21:12:07 »
Or perhaps tourney's will be run IDL style which I find to be a very good idea.
You never heard it from me, but rumour is that the next IDL season will be using Odamex.

Offline Marcus Koller

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 19:26:52 »
You never heard it from me, but rumour is that the next IDL season will be using Odamex.

Testing...this is not working.