Message Boards

Topic: Hello!  (Read 4216 times)

Offline NovaFlame

• View Profile
Hello!
« on: March 19, 2007, 21:03:20 »
I'm a Mac OS X user, and I stumbled upon this port. Ever since I quit windows, I was always looking for a good mac port. This one looks promising. Ive looked at other ports as well, their servers are down, or there is no one on multiplayer.

I don't see a port for the 0.2 version for mac, but thats ok, I can wait. I don't have Xcode, so I can't help you unfourtently.

Pleased to be aboard!

Offline Slayer

• Time to start piling up the bodies!
    • View Profile
    • DUI
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:14:04 »
Welcome back to DOOM ;). As far as I know you already can compile the launcher in OS X. Perhaps this link can help, read up while you're on the wiki. After all, you might learn something :).

Offline NovaFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 11:28:14 »
Hello.

I tried doing it but using wxMac 2.8.2 but I when I get to the configure part I do what you guys tell me and the thing doesn't regonize what the hell I am doing.

I would compile if there were a simpler guide.

I'm also having troubles in 0.1. I can't get the launcher working (wxMac 2.8.2). But I got single player working, so thats good.

Offline Zorro

• Professional n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 17:21:23 »
The launcher was ported back to wx 2.6.3 a few weeks ago.  I am not sure what the differences between 2.6.3 and 2.8.2, but that can be a possible cause for your error.  The extra information in the wiki is only necessary if your wx is not installed in /usr/local.  Mine was in /usr so I added those details to help anyone out.  I'm not exactly sure how this works on osx, but it cant be too much different I'd imagine.

If all else fails, hang out on IRC and pester some people for a game.  There should be *someone* who will be in the mood to play :)

Welcome back to the 13+ year old bloodsport of joy
^^ this post has wasted part of your life ^_^