Message Boards

Topic: Odamex Evolution  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Fluffles

• View Profile
Odamex Evolution
« on: May 01, 2012, 11:21:03 »
I just wanted to say how much Odamex looks appealing nowadays. Since I first popped onto Odamex around 2008-2009 it felt like a tedious game to play. But now 3 years later it feels as stable as zdaemon and even better in some ways. You guys are doing a really good job with this port to doom.
I do have one question which has no relevents to this post but are the commands similar to zdaemons/skulltags for things like callvote map map** etc. Or any new ones I really should know?

Offline Zakken

• View Profile
Re: Odamex Evolution
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:27:06 »
Personally, I am amazed at how fast Odamex's been progressing. No matter what certain people say about it, Oda has pretty much beaten ZDaemon and Skulltag in terms of potential for competition. I thank you, fellow devs, for making this possible!

And, to answer your question, this video should tell you how to do callvotes on Odamex. Or you could just watch it from the beginning to see how the whole thing works. :)

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:51:28 »
The Odamex team appreciates the continued support from old and new users alike!

re: Voting

We have an article on our wiki that explains the types of votes that server administrators can enable and how to call the votes as a player. Hope this helps!

Offline Fluffles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 17:51:25 »
I've got the hang of the console now, think it was because I was using it on 0.5.6! Thanks alot for the help guys.

Offline bond

• View Profile
    • IDE home
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:36:51 »
Quote from: Ralphis
We have an article on our wiki that explains the types of votes that server administrators can enable and how to call the votes as a player
I wonder how to reach this (and many other) topic from main odawiki page?

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 22:05:07 »
I wonder how to reach this (and many other) topic from main odawiki page?

As of now, at least all of the server variables pages about voting point to here. We desperately need help with continued documentation, this has been no secret!