Message Boards

Topic: 0.3 now available!  (Read 12876 times)

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
0.3 now available!
« on: November 04, 2007, 00:49:56 »
After a long period of no official releases, Version 0.3 is now here for you all to enjoy. This new version has vastly improved over our previous version, so much so that we are no longer in an alpha status!

Besides many internal fixes and optimizations that are less noticeable to the average player, here are some of the new features:

* Lots of internal optimizations
* Improved doom2.exe demo playback and regression testing materials
* Improved server console and administration functions
* Odamex.wad is now built on 100% free resources
* Capture the Flag sounds added
* Wallhack parameter added to disable it (currently improves playability)

Aside from this, our official site has some new features of its own. In the top-right corner of our page you will see a new donate button. As you may have heard at this point, Odamex has been invited to represent Doom and classic multiplayer gaming at MAGFest January 3-6 in Washington D.C.  As such, we want to make sure we bring our A game and display a solid presentation in our exhibit.  In order to improve that experience, we are making available a place where you, the odamex player (or developer or moderator or artist) can help us reach our goal of being the best at MAGFest.  Your donations will directly aid us in our travels there.  All contributions will go towards prizes, equipment, and other booth essentials that will help the Odamex area of the festival stand out.  As a token of our appreciation, we will be displaying in our booth a thank you list of those that helped contribute money or other goods to us.  You may choose how you'd like your name displayed or you may opt out if you prefer.  Whatever the case may be, we always greatly appreciate the support of dedicated doomers and open source enthusiasts like you!

So without further adieu, download a package below and get fraggin' (or flaggin')!

Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista Starter Package

Mac OSX PPC/X86 Universal Binary Package

Complete Universal Source Package
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 17:28:49 by Ralphis »

Offline Memfis

• View Profile
Re: 0.3 now available!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 02:44:10 »
Oh, yes!That sounds good!I'm gonna to test it :)

Hm, I can't compile on linux.See output here - http://up.k10x.net/goglhfoccbtgp/output.txt
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 11:11:51 by Memfis »

Offline NovaFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 19:29:02 »
Good job you guys :D. Sorry I could not be on much to make the mac package, I had lots of school work to keep me busy.

But well done, I will try it out one day when I have time..

Offline ufon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 05:24:16 »
Looking good, keep up the good work. I hope the jerky movement animation gets fixed soon so that we can finally start playing this for real.

Offline Voxel

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Voxelsoft
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 13:41:43 »
Oh, yes!That sounds good!I'm gonna to test it :)

Hm, I can't compile on linux.See output here - http://up.k10x.net/goglhfoccbtgp/output.txt

Memfis, please always provide a full description of what you did (commandline at the very least), and what environment you have (at least gcc version and distro). Looks like you're trying to link each object file twice into the same binary.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 14:55:51 »
The source tarball has been updated and should compile on linux systems correctly now.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Memfis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 05:18:28 »
Looks like you're trying to link each object file twice into the same binary.
Hm, maybe because I have already installed version 0.2a?

Manc
Thank you, compiled now :)