Message Boards

Topic: Nitro #45 - Core CTF  (Read 5784 times)

Offline HumanBones

• Global Moderator
  • Living Orgasm
    • View Profile
Nitro #45 - Core CTF
« on: June 27, 2012, 20:17:13 »

Here is a fun wad that you don't see played very often. Although some of the maps may be more well known recently for being included in several IDL wads, there is actually more to play in this wad than you may think! Ranging from small and cramped to maps that could fit 16 players, you'll be sure to find a map that best fits your style.

WAD: ccorectfmp1a
Maps: 10 (01-03, 05, 07-12)
Mode: 7v7 CTF
Scorelimit: 5
Timelimit: 10
Server: CoffeeNet - MWI1 & DTX1
Date: Saturday, June 30th, 2012 @ 8pm EDT

See you there!

Offline capodecima

• Brodamex Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nitro #45 - Core CTF
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 07:42:17 »
nice choice, hell yeaaaaah

Offline Twily

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:48:22 »
First off, I just stared playing DOOM II online in Odamex after owning the game for a while, so far this is my favorite multiplayer port. Fun when I get to play with somebody, and it works on Linux (big plus).

My question, are they open to anyone and of any skill level?  Just asking since I went to join a game last night, and someone tried to kick me (I just left when I saw it), so I guess it was a "private" game (they could have asked).

Just thought I'd ask, please answer if anyone can. I'm simply enjoying the multiplayer. Thanks!
Just to let others know, I'm going to go by the nickname "Snowy" in Odamex online games.

Offline capodecima

• Brodamex Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 14:24:02 »
Hello welcome in odamex world :), and yeah this nitro can join anyone.

Offline Hekksy

• Doomin' since '96
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 16:17:44 »
Hi Twily! Welcome to Odamex! I think I played you in a server last night while I was at my friend's house. I was using the alias "Seenas," but I usually go around as "[UD]HeX9109" or with my IDL tag of "[BSK]HeX9109." When you see me in a server feel free to play with me any time. The reason people play Odamex is because they enjoy a good game of oldschool Doom, and you are welcome to play on my DTX1 and MWI1 CoffeeNet servers any time :)
Join the Odamex Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/odamex
Check out the Odamex Discord as well: https://discord.gg/vHUu236

Offline Twily

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 19:19:49 »
Thanks for the welcomes, in that case I'll check it out if I don't get to busy.  I'm not a great player, but I do want to get better and have fun.  I have no intentions of being part of a league or anything, I'm just a player who enjoys online games.

HeX, I was playing someone named Seenas last night. Small world. :)  Yeah, I was trying all evening to get a game in, thankfully you showed up when I checked before bed.  Thanks again for playing me.
Just to let others know, I'm going to go by the nickname "Snowy" in Odamex online games.

Offline Twily

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 20:27:13 »
I don't mean to double post, but I want to say thanks for the fun times tonight!  Loved this!  Definitely looking forward to the next Nitro.

Never played Doom CTF, so I never played the WAD.  It was a fun wad, loved the fact two maps had music from Sonic 2 and Power Rangers on Super NES, made me smile. :)

Offline Decay

• Industrial
    • View Profile
    • Mechanix Union
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 20:28:42 »
I don't know how I missed playing this CTF wad, but it is definitely a great set, certainly lived up to the expectations I had after hearing about it.
Quote from: Capodecima
reckless left for AX (burn in hell asshole)
MXU - Mechanix Union: A multi-port development team
#MXU on quakenet for mapping tips, projects, and more, or visit our site http://mxu.the-powerhouse.net/forums/
Velocity - http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16744