Message Boards

Topic: Sloped Water  (Read 7766 times)

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
Sloped Water
« on: January 28, 2013, 13:51:18 »
Is sloped eventually going to be supported, or is that something that was not featured in ZDOOM 1.22 or 1.23?

I'm having trouble with the water ceiling, but here's a basic example of what I'm trying to do. Works in GzDOOM, but in Odamex the sloped water does not have effect.
If we lost an eye we would be sad. So the Mother too is sad, and she'll end, and the world ends... - From the Heart of the World

Offline Pseudoscientist

• Peanut gallery
    • View Profile
Re: Sloped Water
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 00:03:45 »
Is sloped eventually going to be supported, or is that something that was not featured in ZDOOM 1.22 or 1.23?

I'm having trouble with the water ceiling, but here's a basic example of what I'm trying to do. Works in GzDOOM, but in Odamex the sloped water does not have effect.
Can you post screenshots? It seems to work for me.
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:37 »
I posted the pWAD.

If you just in the water that is on flat land, the water works fine, but as soon as you begin to go down the inclined plane, the water effect stops working.

Note I also have the Ceiling messed up as when the properties of the controlling sector transfer, the slop is connecting the ceiling to the same height as the floor and I'm not sure why.
If we lost an eye we would be sad. So the Mother too is sad, and she'll end, and the world ends... - From the Heart of the World

Offline Pseudoscientist

• Peanut gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 10:43:57 »
http://imgur.com/6dG6zxQ,DZpZFTp#1
First is GZDoom, second is Odamex.
What's the difference?

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:53:21 »
I can not swim in that section in Odamex, but can in GzDOOM.

Offline Pseudoscientist

• Peanut gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:48:56 »
I can not swim in that section in Odamex, but can in GzDOOM.
Except the lowest part which is swimmable...

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 14:57:27 »
Are you referring to sectors 5 or 6? It is sector 4 that I am having the issues with. Anytime the player is on the slope he can not swim, anywhere else I can swim just fine.

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 20:40:33 »
Alright, I can not get it to work so I presume it does not work seeing as it does work in GzDOOM. Can someone confirm as to weather or not this is supposed to be a supported feature at this point or not? I do not want to submit another bug if it is in fact not a supported feature.

Thank you.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 20:16:57 »
It might be something we could look at, but for now I would file it as an enhancement or as a "trivial bug" as I am not sure when we will be able to look at that.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Dr. Sean

• Developer
  • G'd up from tha feet up
    • View Profile
    • Odamex - Helping middle-aged men relive their teen years
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 17:53:23 »
Sloped water is not supported only in the sense that it wasn't something I anticipated and therefore did not test! I don't think it will be too difficult to look next time I look at the transfer heights/deep water stuff.
Odamex Development Team Member

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 08:31:14 »
Glad to hear! Thank you for having a look!