Message Boards

Topic: Settings will not save.  (Read 4466 times)

Offline hybridmoments

• View Profile
Settings will not save.
« on: August 09, 2013, 08:13:09 »
I am having an issue with odamex. When i change the resolution, player setup, anything at all, none of it saves. I shut the program down and reopen it, and it all resets to out of the box. I am using the most current build. Am i missing a "save settings" button or something?

Offline capodecima

• Brodamex Player
    • View Profile
Re: Settings will not save.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:26:41 »
uh try set atributes for odamex.cfg [read only] , otherwise i dunno , i dont have this problem.

Offline hybridmoments

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 13:01:48 »
Okay i'll give that a shot. Strange though, no other sourceport has given me issues. I love how true to actual doom odamex is. I hope i can get it to work.

Actually the other problem its giving me is when i try to drag a wad file over the exe, it just loads doom 2 and looks all fucked up. It looks like it loads the textures from that wad and places them into doom 2. Strange.

Offline hybridmoments

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 16:23:27 »
So setting the odamex.cfg to read-only didn't change anything. Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline Hekksy

• Doomin' since '96
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 16:28:33 »
You don't want it to be read only. What you can try doing is deleting odamex.cfg entirely. If that fails, uninstall Odamex and reinstall it to a place that is not Program Files (or Program Files (86), if you're on Windows Vista/7/8).

As for loading pwads, do not use the drag and drop method. Instead, you can load pwads through the Odamex console. For example, use "wad doom.wad" to switch to doom.wad from doom2.wad. No quotes. Use "doom2.wad av.wad av.deh" to load pwads, etc.
Join the Odamex Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/odamex
Check out the Odamex Discord as well: https://discord.gg/vHUu236