Message Boards

Topic: Odamex information?  (Read 35491 times)

Offline Disciple-X

• View Profile
Re: Odamex information?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 11:54:18 »
Whateve the case, I am sure I can make a tapered down version of Crimson. Like for instance, the Zdaemon/Zdoom version of Crimson takes place in fogged environments as well as dark environments. The dark environments are a sign that true evil is slowly taking over all the more daylight-like environments. The Odamex variation of Crimson can take place many years later when the evil environments have completely taken over the setting. So Odamex Crimson will look more sinister and require less uber environments and focus more on MP3/OGG audio, darkness, and well designed textures versus all the neato Zdoom effects that the current Crimson has. There is always a way to get your vision to work. At any rate, I thank all who have given me detailed technical info regarding the structure of Odamex, you have been a big help.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 12:32:16 »
Don't forget to look in to the various boom features available.  People often forget that things like colors, wind, etc are boom stuff.  Go nuts, we'd love to be able to test stuff against Odamex to make it that much better.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Danarchy

• Dragons with feet like rabbits, 'tis true I swear!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 13:42:23 »
Don't rely on stolen music then and make a level.
Well if he's anything like me, he makes his own mp3s.  There are those of us here talented enough to make our own music.
- D(A)N

Offline EarthQuake

• Impse!
    • View Profile
    • Doomvault
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 18:20:08 »
Don't rely on stolen music then and make a level.

If you played his wad you'd be eating your own words until you started shitting them out. Kthx.
-Σεισμός

Offline GhostlyDeath

• Democrats will destroy this flag!
    • View Profile
    • ReMooD
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 19:31:11 »
You will only be a competitor to ZDaemon if you are competing with them and you aim to have the same stuff but better and you have to say you are a competitor too. But some people on both sides will say "Port X is better than Port Y.", etc.

If you could care less about competition and just want people to play your port (like my port) then you are considered Neutral.

When there is competition, it's all fun and games until hardware gets damaged!
ReMooD Project Leader - http://remood.sf.net/
Strawberry Doom Project Leader
Odamex Team Member

Offline Zorro

• Professional n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 18:44:10 »
Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. :)
^^ this post has wasted part of your life ^_^

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 18:12:02 »
You will only be a competitor to ZDaemon if you are competing with them and you aim to have the same stuff but better and you have to say you are a competitor too. But some people on both sides will say "Port X is better than Port Y.", etc.

If you could care less about competition and just want people to play your port (like my port) then you are considered Neutral.

When there is competition, it's all fun and games until hardware gets damaged!
What are you talking about or referring to?  And please do not use this place to advertise your port, thanks.
Odamex Web Administrator