Message Boards

Topic: Doomkid's DM 4!  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Doomkid

• Deathmatch Nut
    • View Profile
    • Doomkid's YT Channel
Doomkid's DM 4!
« on: October 20, 2014, 07:37:54 »
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD!

12 quick n' dirty speedmaps!

Hello again DM lovers. :) Here I have 12 maps I whipped up fairly quickly that are sure to please. Serious matches can be had with 2-4 players, but it goes insane with 8+! I have made the BFG optional, because I know a lot of people don't like it (see: whining). Select Skill 1/2 for Soulsphere, 3 for Invisibility sphere, and 4/5 for the BFG - It's the best option, of course!

I took a different approach with map08 and map12, they both use a more narutal layout. You'll know what I mean when you play them! (Sadly they cause VPOs in vanilla.) There's a secret with the Coke machine in the mall, map07. Originally there was only a Pepsi machine, but Ralphis reminded me that Pepsi sucks - it really does - so I added a Coke machine and moved the secret to it instead!

Enough of this talk - Let's see some screens:

I hope you all enjoy the frags. I welcome any feedback/criticism!

(Why not leave your thoughts on my page? I'd love to see that guestbook filled up with some WAD feedback!)
Part of the Oceanian Doomers Club

Offline Doomkid

• Deathmatch Nut
    • View Profile
    • Doomkid's YT Channel
Re: Doomkid's DM 4!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 22:59:19 »
Hey guys, there seems to be a bug. Mr Cirspy may have already reported it, but these maps crash Odamex and I cant figure out why. We tested them in Doom2.exe, Doom95, Zandronum and Zdaemon and they ran fine. Any ideas?

Offline Doomkid

• Deathmatch Nut
    • View Profile
    • Doomkid's YT Channel
Re: Doomkid's DM 4!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:08 »
Alrighty, found it what it was, I had two TEXTURE1 lumps! Please re-download from the first post to get the bugfix! (I also added some Vanilla DM demos!)