Message Boards

Topic: How to add MOD Musick?  (Read 5698 times)

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
How to add MOD Musick?
« on: December 11, 2010, 22:55:23 »
I noticed that Odamex supports MOD musick, such as that made on the Amiga line of computers...

...how would I go about adding this into my WAD file?

Thank you!
If we lost an eye we would be sad. So the Mother too is sad, and she'll end, and the world ends... - From the Heart of the World

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to add MOD Musick?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 23:51:04 »
Use a lump editor such as XWE or SlumpED and insert your music to corresponding music files. (Ex. D_Runnin for doom2 map01, etc)

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:35:29 »
Alright, I know this should be simple, but for some reason, I can't get it working.

I downloaded a four channel MOD file from Aminet then loaded up XWE and replaced the D-RUNNIN file with the MOD, but I'm not hearing any musick.

I used to do this a long time ago with nxDOOM for the Dreamcast, but it's been so long that I've apparently lost my touch.

EDIT: If I leave in the original song, then merely add in the MOD or MP3 as an additional D_RUNNIN, everything works fine. Thankx again for the help.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 13:30:39 by XDelusion »
If we lost an eye we would be sad. So the Mother too is sad, and she'll end, and the world ends... - From the Heart of the World

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 09:58:22 »
You probably don't want to actually edit doom2.wad or any other iwad you're using. Instead you should make a new blank pwad and add the music instead, then load it in addition to the main wad file. Modified iwads will not be able to connect to online servers and may have other adverse effects on loaded pwads.

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 13:18:26 »
Thank you, I will keep this in mind in regards to my other projects, but as for this one, the goal is to eventually be 100% DOOM2.WAD independent.