Message Boards

Topic: In-game bots  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Widow3r

• View Profile
In-game bots
« on: February 07, 2017, 17:17:57 »
Hey Guys, I was sitting around the servers today and was wondering, is there an option where I can have a bot enter the game, and play a duel with me. Is there a way to call it from the console? Or do I have to make my own server to do these types of things?

I know that in a port dedicated to competetive play, there isn't much need for bots, and bot's can give someone bad habits as they do the same routine over and over again. However, as a pretty much rubbish player, I think it would be fun to have something to play against. It would be even cooler if the cpu diffculty ramped up depending on score and all of that, but this is just extra.

In short, I jsut want a non-human to play against in the duel servers, just to have something to do while I wait for opponnts. If this feature is already included in some servers, I apoligize for making this thread, and admit to not chechking all the servers to find out if one had this option. This being the case, please inform me on how to do it and thank you in advance.

Thank you for reading,

Widower
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 17:23:44 by Widow3r »

Offline Hekksy

• Doomin' since '96
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: In-game bots
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 18:26:06 »
Odamex does not have any sort of bot system.
Join the Odamex Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/odamex
Check out the Odamex Discord as well: https://discord.gg/vHUu236

Offline Widow3r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 19:00:28 »
That was a quick reply, thank you,

You guys can close this thread, if nobody has anything to add, my question has been answered.

Offline capodecima

• Brodamex Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 03:21:04 »
Ye its not good (no bots). Though code some kind of decent bots is lots of work. However i remeber i was doing in past i joined server with 2 clients. Set sv_forcerespawn to 0 and sv_forcerespawntime to 0 aswell. THen i was  killing myself. :D ITs not the best like the marine is ofc only on spawn and not moving. But it worked well on some basic maps like shoot, ssl or moo2d and was not bad for warmup. :)