Message Boards

Topic: PS3 DOOM ODamex?  (Read 8154 times)

Offline jeff_d5

• View Profile
PS3 DOOM ODamex?
« on: January 23, 2011, 15:25:18 »
Can you guys get a Odamex for PS3 Doom

People are already playing the game on the ps3 but it would be a 100X better if it had multiplayer or possibly split screen support too thats just wishful thinking but if Odamex could come to the PS3 i know you guys are the ones to do it..
http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=16205#axzz1BsYvEaOJ

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 DOOM ODamex?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 17:52:53 »
Hi!

I just read through the link you posted and, from what I can tell, the ps3 builds there are based on Chocolate Doom. Like Odamex, Chocolate Doom uses SDL and is therefor very portable. Unfortunately for you, I don't believe anybody on our development team has a PS3. However, maybe you can convince the developer of the current PS3 track to switch his development track to Odamex.

Odamex features much of the same compatibility as Chocolate Doom but also comes with the obvious multiplayer features as well as some other advanced features (Boom and limited zdoom 1.22 support for custom wads). The engine already features a robust joypad setup.

Odamex has already been ported to the XBox by our own team and there is currently a Wii port in development as well. We'd be very interested to see work on a PS3 port begin but cannot devote any internal resources to it at this time.

Offline tm512

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 00:30:16 »
Technically this can be accomplished by installing Linux on the PS3. Odamex does support the PowerPC CPU architecture, so it should compile so long as you install SDL.

Offline jeff_d5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 17:12:08 »
Technically this can be accomplished by installing Linux on the PS3. Odamex does support the PowerPC CPU architecture, so it should compile so long as you install SDL.

Yea i was hoping for a non linux one, some people dont wana load a linux on there ps3.

Offline matt88

• View Profile
    • asian images
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 20:32:20 »
great info glad i found this

aprilalburo

• Nobody
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:55:19 »
would like to play also multiplayer in my ps3.

BUSTER

• Nobody
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 00:27:50 »
I have not played it yet with multiplayer on my PS3 . Have anybody played with multipalyer if yes then Please share your experiences here . I am also anxious to play very soon .

Skaman1986

• Nobody
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 23:18:40 »
Get a PS3 Ralphis.

Offline IceCold

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 18:54:42 »
I Know i would greatly appreciate it ;\

Offline Hekksy

• Doomin' since '96
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 08:25:44 »
I don't think Hyper_Eye has a PS3 to port Odamex to. However if a developer wants to do it they are welcome to and can submit a patch. It should be pretty simple seeing ask Odamex is already ported to a console with fully functional controller binding and is so portable with SDL.
Join the Odamex Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/odamex
Check out the Odamex Discord as well: https://discord.gg/vHUu236

Offline XDelusion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 16:27:18 »
 You can do what some of us used to do back in the Dreamcast days and just find someone who you trust and who would be willing to work on the port if you buy and pay to ship the needed hardware to them.

In my experience, money talks. I can't tell you how many people I've convinced to port things because I offered to buy the hardware for them. :)
If we lost an eye we would be sad. So the Mother too is sad, and she'll end, and the world ends... - From the Heart of the World