Message Boards

Topic: VC8 Project Files  (Read 6091 times)

Offline RazTK

• View Profile
VC8 Project Files
« on: October 31, 2006, 20:19:30 »
Hello,

I was wondering if the developers have any plans on using VC8 (2005 Express Edition) project files for Odamex. VC6 is a bit old, isn't it?

Another thing, since I'm using Code::Blocks, I understand I need to get GDB for debugging purposes, and I did, but I can't seem to find any Windows binaries in the archive?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 21:04:04 by RazTK »

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
Re: VC8 Project Files
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 21:58:39 »
The bigger problem lies in the fact that no one on the dev team actually has or uses that product.  For some time we had active developers that used vc6, but even those are now slightly messed up.  Once the source becomes public and we find someone who's willing to maintain the project files, it's entirely possible we will offer them.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline KitsuKun

• View Profile
Re: VC8 Project Files
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 21:18:20 »
The bigger problem lies in the fact that no one on the dev team actually has or uses that product.  For some time we had active developers that used vc6, but even those are now slightly messed up.  Once the source becomes public and we find someone who's willing to maintain the project files, it's entirely possible we will offer them.

Yes, and to go with that, I should note that most program suites have import functions for loading project files from earlier version.  People should be able to do this, but if someone does so, they should consider uploading the resultant project file and becoming it's maintainer.