Message Boards

Topic: Help with odalauncher, odamaster and odasrv (Mac OS X 0.2a)  (Read 5912 times)

Offline NovaFlame

• View Profile
Today I finally figured out how to build 0.2 a odamex from source. I got the actual Odamex client running on OS X, but in Xcode, odalauncher, master and srv appear as red. I did everything on the instructions on the wiki.

1. I built wxWidgets, you know .configure/... then "make" afterwards. Definetly took awhile.
2. Commented out that Server line.
3. Did everything I needed to in Makefile.
4. Then I went to the main directory of the odamex project in xcode, and press build.

And afterwards, theres a client working, but no launcher, server or master?

Please help, thanks.

http://odamex.net/wiki/Compiling_using_Xcode

EDIT: Nevermind, found the Odamex console :). I'll be trying to join a game now, with just the client.

EDIT2: Nope, can't join the game with connect <ip address here>. On games with different wads, it hangs at connecting, and with, for example the normal doom2.wad, it claims I don't have it (which I do) and trys to download it, but says its not allowed too.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 16:28:37 by NovaFlame »

Offline Zorro

• Professional n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Help with odalauncher, odamaster and odasrv (Mac OS X 0.2a)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 18:45:32 »
try running with the -waddir parameter set

Code: [Select]
./odamex -waddir /usr/share/whatever
^^ this post has wasted part of your life ^_^

Offline NovaFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 22:36:41 »
Do you run that in the terminal or the odamex console? Thanks.

Offline Voxel

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Voxelsoft
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 23:04:58 »
NovaFlame, to build the master and server you'll need to right click the appropriate item in the "Targets" list in the Xcode project, then select "Build".

As for the WAD problem, not sure what that is caused by. You should probably use the terminal to navigate to the client directory then run odamex (cd /odamex-src/whatever/build/Release; ./odamex)

Don't worry about the Launcher, there will be a complete replacement in v0.3

Offline NovaFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 23:06:45 »
I might have a old version maybe? Is there any mac programs that can tell what Doom Version I am using? Doesn't work with waddir command.

I'll also try that thing in targets on Xcode, thanks both of you guys (Zorro and Voxel). 

Edit: The target thing works! Awesome!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 23:20:04 by NovaFlame »