Message Boards

Topic: ZDoom Support?  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Marcus Koller

• View Profile
ZDoom Support?
« on: January 15, 2007, 14:22:33 »
By any chance will this new port have some features of ZDoom? Summon/Summonfriend? Or other decorate features?

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
Re: ZDoom Support?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 14:30:59 »
Decorate is a zdoom 2.x construct, so no.  Remember, this is based on zdoom 1.22, and even many of the features that were part of that are removed because they dealt a lot with hexen.  For now odamex strives to be vanilla and boom compatible.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Zorro

• Professional n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 22:35:01 »
I want to try to reimplement some zdoom stuff, and perhaps some others may want to help, so it isn't out of the question, it just wont be there immediately.  It has to be done in a clean and inconspicuous way.  For example, you dont want to add code from hexen, and to avoid suspission (and an additional audit), you cant even use it as a resource.
^^ this post has wasted part of your life ^_^

Offline DBBromberg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 08:26:07 »
I have ZDOOM but have no idea how to install it the file is in my programs and I can go into it and click on the icon and it runs but as far as I can tell it is not installed it is not on the list of all programs under start?
I want to know can I use ZDOOM with Odamex to play online and how do I do it?

Offline Hekksy

• Doomin' since '96
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 00:36:13 »
I have ZDOOM but have no idea how to install it the file is in my programs and I can go into it and click on the icon and it runs but as far as I can tell it is not installed it is not on the list of all programs under start?
I want to know can I use ZDOOM with Odamex to play online and how do I do it?

ZDoom has their own forums. Use them. Also Odamex is it's own source port, so it launches Odamex, not Zdoom. Also you do not "install" Zdoom you extract it's .exe and put doom2.wad in the same folder as it and double-click zdoom.exe.

yeesh.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 18:00:00 by HeX9109 »
Join the Odamex Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/odamex
Check out the Odamex Discord as well: https://discord.gg/vHUu236