Compiling using Cygwin
You should follow the instructions below, and then proceed with Compiling using a Makefile.
You will first need to install the following cygwin packages in addition to the default ones:
- subversion (only if you intend to use svn within cygwin)
Odamex depends on SDL and SDL_mixer. You will need to download the current windows development libraries from the SDL site (VC6 libraries work fine for this). You'll need to extract the libraries and edit SDL_LOCATION and SDL_MIXER_LOCATION in the Odamex Makefile to point there.
Unfortunately, SDL does not always play ball with cygwin's headers. The biggest offender has been a conflict between <SDL_config_minimal.h> and <stdint.h>. You may need to edit the following two lines in <SDL_config_minimal.h>:
- typedef signed int int32_t;
- typedef unsigned int uint32_t;
- typedef signed long int int32_t;
- typedef unsigned long int uint32_t;