Message Boards

Topic: Cannot JUMP in Odamex  (Read 7842 times)

Offline meniscus

• View Profile
Cannot JUMP in Odamex
« on: May 02, 2008, 12:57:51 »
Am I missing something?

I cannot JUMP when using Odamex, regardless of whether I am playing single-player or multi, I have checked every parameter in every config file, and if I run ZDoom of course I can jump, as well as CSDoom/CLDoom... but not in Odamex.

Help?

Offline Ralphis

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot JUMP in Odamex
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 18:59:29 »
allowjump 1 in console should do the trick

Offline meniscus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 21:15:01 »
Still not working... I tried it in the console, tried adding "set allowjump "1" to the config file... still not working. This is just running a single-player game using the odamex executable (ver 0.3 downloaded earlier this week). It doesn't work in dm/coop either but I wouldn't expect it to until I can get it to work in SP.

When I type "allowjump" in console I get
"allowjump is enabled"

but still cannot jump. I've tried assigning different keys, tried it on two different computers... weird.

Offline meniscus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 21:43:05 »
Followup:

Looks like it may be an 0.3 bug. Works fine using the 0.2a package.

I have \DOOM2 with Odamex 0.3
and
I have \DOOM2a with Odamex 0.2a
(\DOOM2a is an identical copy of \DOOM2 except with the different Odamex)

The one with 0.2a works, the one with 0.3 doesn't.

Offline StasBFG[iddqd]

• View Profile
    • Doom Power
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 04:28:26 »
This has been already fixed:
http://odamex.net/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390

Offline Russell

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 06:45:13 »
Weird. I don't seem to have this problem.

Heres how I did it (in 0.3 and trunk):

1) Ran the client, started map01 and opened the console
2) Typed in "allowjump 1" and bound the jump key

However, I did discover that at the titlescreen when first starting the client (before the demos start), I could not set allowjump 1 in the console, got this message:

"allowjump is under server control and cannot be changed"

Offline meniscus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 09:05:25 »
Hmm... the 0.3 that is on the download is dated 11-03-2007, but the bug report/fix in the link above is dated 11-14-2007 (r 495)... does that mean that the downloadable version didn't have the bug fix in it? I'm still not able to jump... I even installed a fresh copy of DOOM2 and re-extracted the Odamex package from the original zip, and tried the exact steps you mention above.

I'm using the Win32 version. Is there a compiled trunk somewhere that I can try? If not I'll just wait for 0.4 and use 0.2 in the meantime. Thanks

Offline Russell

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 23:21:13 »
Hmm... the 0.3 that is on the download is dated 11-03-2007, but the bug report/fix in the link above is dated 11-14-2007 (r 495)... does that mean that the downloadable version didn't have the bug fix in it? I'm still not able to jump... I even installed a fresh copy of DOOM2 and re-extracted the Odamex package from the original zip, and tried the exact steps you mention above.

Correct.

I'm using the Win32 version. Is there a compiled trunk somewhere that I can try? If not I'll just wait for 0.4 and use 0.2 in the meantime. Thanks

There are some unofficial builds of trunk here (very outdated though and may not work with some servers), we don't offer support for these builds as they are third party, use at your own risk.

Offline meniscus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 22:04:23 »
Thanks! I will give them a try. I'm not worried about server compatibility b/c this is all between friends anyway (and I'm the "DM")...