Message Boards

Topic: 0.2 Alpha Available Now  (Read 15234 times)

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
0.2 Alpha Available Now
« on: February 20, 2007, 14:46:08 »
That's right - things keep right on moving here, and we've got another release out the door.  Version 0.2 Alpha is available now, and it is already vastly improved over 0.1!  Besides the usual fixes that no one may notice, it has:

* Re-added RESPONSE file support
* Added x-code project
* Improved midi support
* Improved gamma reproduction
* Slightly more free resource wad
* Fixed and improved support for more platforms like NetBSD
* And much more!

We are still looking for a Mac (OSX) package maintainer however, so if you're interested email mike@odamex.net or send me a private message.

Select a package below to get in on the odamex action!

Windows 9x/2000/XP/Vista Starter Package

Complete Universal Source Package
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:47:31 by Manc »
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline RazTK

• View Profile
Re: 0.2 Alpha Available Now
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 05:50:03 »
Very good job everyone, Odamex will get even more stable and playable in time! :-)

Offline Slayer

• Time to start piling up the bodies!
    • View Profile
    • DUI
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 10:31:36 »
sweet, I'll test this shit later tonight...

Offline Doomguy666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 11:55:48 »
I got to try out some Odamex DM last night finally and I must say that overall it plays very well. Obviously there are still some things that need to be fixed, but from what I see Odamex is gonna be the best!

Offline vain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:03 »
Obviously there are still some things that need to be fixed, but from what I see Odamex is gonna be the best!
That's right. Odamex is great experience in multiplayer doom right now and only going to get better. Great job OdaTeam.

Offline Barcode

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 09:32:36 »
I'd like to help compile Mac OS X, but I don't think I can. How can I install the compiler (what was it called again?) without going into Unix and risking screwing things up (especially when the instructions aren't really specific and for some stupid fuckin' reason mwhen I do this kind of stuff I never get results identical to the instructions)...
...Should somebody guide me through reliably, I'll gladly compile the source code for you guys over and over (doesn't take too long, right...?)
NOTE: I have a PPC computer, so compiling may only work for PPC. I doubt it, but it may happen.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 09:40:25 »
Thanks for the offer!  We'll see who else comes our way, but if we need your help we'll give you a buzz.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline Voxel

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Voxelsoft
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 09:50:27 »
I'd like to help compile Mac OS X, but I don't think I can. How can I install the compiler (what was it called again?) without going into Unix and risking screwing things up (especially when the instructions aren't really specific and for some stupid fuckin' reason mwhen I do this kind of stuff I never get results identical to the instructions)...
...Should somebody guide me through reliably, I'll gladly compile the source code for you guys over and over (doesn't take too long, right...?)
NOTE: I have a PPC computer, so compiling may only work for PPC. I doubt it, but it may happen.

Install "developer tools" off the OSX cd/dvds. That'll give you a /Developer folder, with xCode and all.

Offline Barcode

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 13:14:49 »
Well, I got it, but I have no idea what to do with XCode or the C++ code.

Offline deathz0r

• Administrator
  • kick it oldskewl
    • View Profile
    • deathz0r's Place of DOOM
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 00:17:55 »
This article in the Odamex Wiki should be helpful.

Offline Barcode

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 18:49:55 »
Well, it WAS helpful until it started asking me to install WXWidgets, which I don't know how to goddamn do.
How do you build as follows? :@
EDIT: NM, got it working, but couldn't do the two specific configures to work. Oh well. GOing onto the second thing in am oment.
EDIT: It's too vague. I'm bugging out.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 20:30:04 by Barcode »

Offline Marcus Koller

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 19:27:33 »
I love what you did with the program, its getting better evertime. The mouse movement is a but over rated.