Message Boards

Topic: Quit Messages In Odamex  (Read 4871 times)

Offline killingblair

• Odamechs
    • View Profile
Quit Messages In Odamex
« on: August 05, 2008, 15:17:47 »
Hello!

This is my first time making a diff for Odamex, so sorry if I did not do it correctly!

I have attached to this post a diff file that adds a new cvar (cl_quitmsg, defaults to "http://odamex.net/") to Odamex, the cvar is limited to 25 characters, and is shown when a player disconnects or times out. If the player chooses to not have a quit message, he can simply make the cvar empty (cl_quitmsg "") and it will not show up when he disconnects (nor will the brackets the quit message is contained in).

I chose not to add this feature to the menu in fear of the menu code breaking. It was too complex for my very modest coding skill.

Thank you!

EDIT: I made a mistake with the diff, it was sending the quit message to the master for some reason. Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 15:37:15 by killingblair »

Offline Nes

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Quit Messages In Odamex
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:56:29 »
It's a really solid patch. (except for the whitespace, which I don't really mind fixing) We're going to hold off on implementing it because it breaks protocol compatability. When we update the protocol, this is definitely going in.

Ralph and I also decided to update the maximum character limit to 35, unless you have any objections to it.