Message Boards

Topic: Source Repository  (Read 10939 times)

Offline Danni

• View Profile
Source Repository
« on: November 03, 2006, 19:37:50 »
I would be interested in looking over and adding to the netcode but i do not see any respositories for the source?

Offline leileilol

• View Profile
Re: Source Repository
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 21:24:24 »
That's because it's SECRKT!

There is a repository (what project doesn't have one these days), you just gotta have two things:

1. Trust
2. Access

And no don't ask me, because I don't have either.
u

Offline AlexMax

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • AlexMax @ Github
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 14:31:37 »
Cheapalert is correct.  The source code is at this particular moment in time in a repository which requires privilaged access to get to.  However, once a certain milestone has been paseed, the subversion repository will be opened.

For now, if you want a sneak peek at what is actually being worked on in the repository, take a look at the Odamex changelog.

http://odamex.net/changelog

Offline KitsuKun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:46:00 »
Could an index of files be given, with headers only, for those of us interested in the development, and compatability with other cocurrent projects.  I'm in early planning stages of a progressive bleading edge port, that doesn't plan to take the fast route OdaMex is taking, but a much slower route that will result in a code base usable for backports of features to all major GPL Doom versions.

Also, if you could post some of the resources you have been given for your project it may help other projects coordinate.  Remember, you are on the leading edge of development, and nice diplomacy will really help.

BTW I truely do understand the source issue, despite it being frustrating.

Offline deathz0r

• Administrator
  • kick it oldskewl
    • View Profile
    • deathz0r's Place of DOOM
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 11:41:51 »
General note: Bug 50 tracks the source code license confliction that is currently ongoing. Once that has been resolved, the Subversion repository will be open for public read immediately.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 17:58:17 »
Could an index of files be given, with headers only, for those of us interested in the development, and compatability with other cocurrent projects. 
I don't see how this will help.  When the source is ready it will be available to everyone.  Given your rather ambitious project, it seems that you've got some work to do before it would even be necessary.  It doesn't seem to make much sense though, given that there's nothing purposely unique that make odamex special from other ports.  It uses the same CTF standard as the other two, it is boom compatible, all of which is available in boom/prboom.  There really is not much at this point that distinguishes an odamex-compatible wad from anything else.

Also, if you could post some of the resources you have been given for your project it may help other projects coordinate.  Remember, you are on the leading edge of development, and nice diplomacy will really help.
This request seems vague.  Chocolate doom, prboom and maybe even eternity studies and code extraction are the only "resources" we've utilized.  Odamex uses SDL for graphics, input, audio (_mixer).  The network code is heavily reworked from csdoom .62. 

The last bit of the previous quote almost sounds a bit threatening.  If you understand our situtation then you'll see why such a request is not possible or useful.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline RazTK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 01:59:26 »
General note: Bug 50 tracks the source code license confliction that is currently ongoing. Once that has been resolved, the Subversion repository will be open for public read immediately.
Good, now we can actually see the progress. Thanks.

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 16:18:39 »
Good, now we can actually see the progress. Thanks.
Notice when bug 50 was posted.  It's been there for some time. :P

I will add however that the linked-to lists in the last comment for that bug are already out of date.  The list is much smaller than even the newest one on that page.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 16:21:06 by Manc »
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline RazTK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 07:37:19 »
Notice when bug 50 was posted.  It's been there for some time. :P

I will add however that the linked-to lists in the last comment for that bug are already out of date.  The list is much smaller than even the newest one on that page.
So, anywhere we can watch the progress? Any updates?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:38:31 by RazTK »

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:15:52 »
So, anywhere we can watch the progress? Any updates?
You can watch that bug, watch the changelog, and hang out in the IRC channel.
Odamex Web Administrator