Message Boards

Topic: Odamex 0.1 Alpha is out!  (Read 36546 times)

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
Re: Odamex 0.1 Alpha is out!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 15:29:03 »
* user`ok is waiting for Linux version...
You'll notice at the top (and on the front page) that there is a linux icon.  Clicking this icon will get you the package that best suits your operating system.  In this case, the source package is the best thing for you.  You can also check out a working copy of the svn repository.  Take a look at the wiki for more details.
Odamex Web Administrator

Offline [UBR]Thadeuss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 06:05:58 »
Great job on Odamex. As someone who has played Doom since its original release, I have to hand it to you guys, it really does feel like the real deal, even in its early stages. Although there is going to be alot of work on it to come, Odamex already looks great, keep up the good work!

Thad

Offline Nautilus

• Crezzy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 18:51:00 »
Totally awesome. Go Odamex! It's been such a while since I've last checked out Odamex.

Ochen ponravilos', zachot avtoram!

Ne govori; ya ochen lyublyu Odamex!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 21:55:54 by Ralphis »
This is the nuclear shakedown.

Offline KitsuKun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 19:52:09 »
ODAMEX IS HERE!   

Complete Universal Source Package

Has anyone gotten a successful .deb package build yet?  If so would they be kind enough to post the additional files to the SVN, and contribute the binary to their particular distro.  (I know there are quite a few Ubuntu users in the OdaMex community.)  I have a feeling it would really help draw some good developers in to get packages into the contribs.

I'll search to see if someone out there has made a .deb on their own and hasn't announced it, or announced it in a more subtle location than the primary news page.  If so I'll fetch the modified source and make the necessary additions for Ubuntu Universe/Edgy-Backports subsection compliance.

Additionally, have there been any Windows tests with GCC yet?  Just curious . . .

Offline leileilol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 12:10:30 »
a .deb package right now would be stupid
u

Offline Manc

• Administrator
  • Fist to the face!
    • View Profile
    • odamex.net
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 15:16:40 »
Additionally, have there been any Windows tests with GCC yet?  Just curious . . .
SERIOUSLY, how many times do you have to be told?  Odamex has been compiled with gcc/mingw since very early on.  The windows packages provided on this website were compiled with GCC, so YES THERE HAVE BEEN TESTS AND SUCCESS.
Odamex Web Administrator