How to build from source
Odamex is open source. This means that it is possible to obtain and compile Odamex from source if you so desire. The Odamex team wishes to make this process as painless as possible, therefore detailed instructions for how to build Odamex are provided in this section.
Step 1: Getting the source
There are two ways to obtain the source to Odamex:
- Download the latest stable version from the official Odamex website
- Get the absolute latest modifications through anonymous Subversion access
Step 2: Getting required libraries
When you download Odamex, it's almost ready to go, right out of the box. However, Odamex relies on extra libraries in order to function.
You have all the pieces of the puzzle...now it's time to build.
- Compiling using GCC on GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and Cygwin
- Compiling using MinGW on Cygwin and Windows
- Compiling using Code::Blocks on Windows and Linux
- Compiling using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows